MADARA LAW has a long-standing and rich expertise in providing assistance to both national and international companies in relation to their IP portfolios. We represent strategically the interests of our clients before all courts and institutions in both prosecution and enforcement matters in Bulgaria, Romania, the Russian Federation and the former Soviet states.
We provide the whole range of IP services at the national, Community and international level, from registration to enforcement of:
- Trade Marks: developing a strategy; searches; preparing and filing national, EUTM and IR applications; renewals; monitoring; drafting assignment/license agreements; preparing and filing opposition proceedings, revocation and cancellation actions; negotiating co-existence agreements and out-of-court settlements
- Industrial Designs: developing a strategy; searches; preparing and filing applications; renewals; monitoring; drafting assignment/license agreements; preparing and filing cancellation actions; investigations
- Geographical Indications/Appellations of Origin: preparing and filing national, EU and international applications; preparing and filing cancellation actions
- Patents, Utility Models, SPCs: searches; preparing & filing national patent, EP and PCT applications; preparing & filing utility models and SPC applications; maintenance; EP validations
- Copyright: advising on all types of author’s rights & protectable subject matter in all industry sectors, including media and entertainment; drafting settlement agreements; drafting employment contracts in connection to copyright matters; conducting official investigations for identifying copyright infringements
- Anti-counterfeiting: preparing and sending cease and desist letters; preparing and filing Customs watch applications; reporting on seizures; obtaining pictures of the counterfeit goods; filing requests for destroying goods; monitoring the market for counterfeit goods
- Domain Names: availability and trade name searches; registration; monitoring and renewals; handling disputes through ADR or litigation; negotiations; drafting settlement agreements
- Know-how and Trade Secrets: protection of know-how and trade secrets; drafting employment constracts for protecting a company’s know-how and trade secrets; drafting license agreements for transfer of know-how; enforcement
- Official Investigations: organizing investigations through certified investigators for identifying infringements
- IP Litigation: representation before all civil, criminal and administrative court instances and all other institutions in Bulgaria, Romania and the Russian Federation in connection with all IP rights issues; negotiating co-existence agreements and out-of-court settlements
- Unfair Competition: preparation of legal analysis and claims in relation to the infringement of the reputation of competitors, imitation, unfair soliciting of clients, misleading advertising, disclosure of know-how, trade secrets and non-compete violations; representation before the Bulgarian Commission for Protection of Competition and the Supreme Administrative Court of the Republic of Bulgaria.